22C178 Help and FAQ Page
useful announcements, pointers, and other frequently helpful links.
- the syllabus has important dates, the course schedule, grading criteria, and list of textbooks; also some lecture notes are posted (click on the date of the lecture).
- a previous version of this course lists projects that are useful resources for ideas, techniques, and estimating the difficulty of network programming.
- the reading assignments page will show what you should be reading for each week of the course.
- the home page for the Donahoo and Calvert TCP/IP Pocket Socket book (C Version), which has the code examples (plus variations for Windows) and more.
- the home page for the Donahoo and Calvert Practical TCP/IP Sockets in Java book (published October 2001).
- many tutorials about Internet, pointers to RFCs, and definitions of concepts are found here .
- sometimes it's fun to see a general explanation of how things work, as on this site (which has other useful pages, such as this or this --- and you can follow internal pointers to access yet more documents).